11.10.2011

Old fashioned

I found this blog today through the craftgossip blog. And I felt really inspired by her patchwork and embroidery skills! I've never thought of patchwork as something I ever would be interested in, but the way this (pic.) looks, just makes me wanna try it out.
pic from this page

 I've been thinking of trying out embroidery for a long time now, and this tutorial on how to embroider (birds) on felt, is going to be very useful for me to get started. I'm thinking that I would use this when I want to applique a crest to a uniform f.x. Then I would be able to make it by hand - as I don't have a fancy sowing machine that does these things. I think I wil be able to do some pretty cool stuff with this inspiration an these techniques :D

But first I need to get myself an embroidery hoop -->
-bought this (only one hoop) on e-bay for 5.98 $ ^^

on my TO DO list is now!: trying out embroidery

No comments:

Post a Comment