10.28.2011

Morrigan & Lilith, Darkstalkers


My friend Ariellah asked med if I was interested in cosplaying Morrigan with her as Lilith from Darkstalkers for an upcoming con. My answer was SURE! I've always loved the character designs from the old school fighting games as Streetfighter and Darkstalkers, so this is a challenge I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on.



My cosplay productions always start at the same place... E-BAY! The only place to go to get good quality wigs for a decent price. In Denmark we've only got a few costume/wig shops and they´re expensive. One could easily spend 100$ on a wig, and on a students budget, it would mean I have to live of pasta for the rest of the month.

As I took up the task of creating both cosplays, I also agreed to just buy what we needed and Ariellah will pay me afterwards.

I found a wig for each of us and a pair of pantyhose for each of us as well.

  • Lilith wig: 12$ incl. shipping
  • Morrigan wig: 9.46 £ incl. shipping
  • Lilith pantyhose 2.49 $ incl. shipping: 
  • Morrigan pantyhose 2.58 $ incl. shipping:
I received the Lilith wig first, and it is perfect! the color and quality was as good as it gets, and I'm very happy. But then i got the Morrigan wig.... omfg! The picture did not at all live up to the picture on e-bay. It was very plastic like and VERY green (it kinda resembles the one on the right).. on the pic it clearly looks a shade of aqua/bluish-green, but it was not...

This has never happened to me before, but I have to return it! I hate half ass cosplays and I'm not gonna compromise my dignity by wearing crap like that. So I guess that's the next big "TO DO" on this cosplay; order a new wig for Morrigan.





The above, are the pantyhose I ordered for both of us. the blue for Lilit and the purple for Morrigan. I received them yesterday.... and they are WAY to dark  -_- damn! But these I'm keeping to use myself for everyday wear. Anyways, I've just ordered two new pairs of pantyhose with a more sheer look to get the right light tone. 


AND! I picked a differend color for Morrigan - I chose sheer pink for her. It's goin' to look better next to the blue, and it is the color from the oldest of the character designs, and that is cool with me. I'd rather have a broader pallet of colors, than just purple and black :)
I am really looking forward to getting startet for real on these cosplays, and especially the wings! 
about the wig problem, I'm right now trying to decide between these two:
  • the green one for 19.29 $ incl. shipping
  • the blue one for 19.99 $ incl. shipping
The green seems to be of better quality, but if I'm going to stick with the design above it has to be more blue-ish... I think I'm going to look for a third choice - maybe I can find a color in-between these two.  




    3 comments:

    1. Im so glad you posted this about the Morrigan wig. i was about to order the same wig, called the company to confirm the color and they could not help me, but the picture of the wig should be the actual color because it came from the supplier. I ran across this blog while looking for another source. I would have been livid if I got that neon green wig!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. The picture is from the supplier, and it is the same picture that is on the wig box, but it is sooo wrong. I guess the best advice is to only buy wigs when youve seen a picture of the actual wig you're going to buy. Have fun with the Morrigan cosplay!

        Delete
    2. Hey this isn't half bad. I was going to use what you said on my newest film!

      ReplyDelete